1

George versus America

Posted by Kyle on 1/22/2008 08:54:00 PM
I think one has to travel outside the United States to truly understand how unpopular, Americans are, outside the US continent. Not that we've faced major problems. On the contrary, we've been welcomed to every place here in town.

A recent experience came in the form of criticism and mockery against President Bush when he recently visited the United Arab Emirates, as part of his Middle East tour. To add insult to injury, the city was practically shutdown, as a security measure.

As far as I can recall, it's a first for any Head of State's visit, anywhere!

I guess, people all over the world fail to understand that Bush is not America, nor America all Bush.

I believe there's a dire need of a field trip for the people of this region to see and experience this and many other facts for themselves.

|

1 Comments


"I guess, people all over the world fail to understand that Bush is not America, nor America all Bush."

Kyle - please don't underestimate those of us in/from the ME region, because most know there is a fundamental difference between an American President, his policies and the American people. Please don't pay much attention to baseless rhetoric in the dailies. My parents have been subscribers of Gulf News for 30 years - and they never take these clowns seriously.

People have not forgotten the US saved the region in 1990 from Saddam - and not many doubt the US shall perhaps come to rescue, should evil Iran, walk into the UAE.

So you know, the average Jassim's dig American cars, movies, fast food - almost everything, that is (debatably) good about America.

Many from this part of the globe travel thru to various parts of US for higher education - surely it all says something.

I am into my 7th year in the US, and I have nothing, but respect and gratitude for the opportunities, freedom and acceptance, quite generously extended in your nation.

That said - I voice honest sentiments, on what I see are short comings in the nation and with some folks in general, especially when it affects me personally. It's not given disrespect - rather honest sentiments on what probably is lacking.

Copyright © 2009 Dare A Difference. All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Distributed by Blogspot Templates.