2

Repurcussions of bullying

Posted by Kyle on 4/24/2009 01:57:00 PM
Three years ago, there was this case about Megan Meier that grabbed national attention.

A similar case that prompted a victim to resort to extremities is now in the news.

As a parent, I wonder what's the remedy to offset a similar predicament, be that with our own kids or all those kids out there that are bullied beyond repair?

I suppose getting further involved and keeping a close tab and looking for clues, any clues should be a fair approach.

I don't know, I just felt like posting this one and hope it creates awareness any which way it can.

|

2 Comments


I've dealt with a lot of nasties and there was definitely this feeling of shame and helplessness, as well as isolation and a loss of trust to the point of paranoia.

No matter what is done, there will always be cowards like them out there who think it is ok to belittle someone to make them feel better. And not just in school, but every aspect in life. Like people with the 'if you don't like it, you can leave' types.


I guess if I tell you 'develop a thicker skin', you'd turn around & say 'Hey buster, it's easier said than done'.

Maybe!

But you have to try. You have to try harder & immunize yourself from such elements. At the end of the day, consider it a test of your self-confidence and I think you have it but just don't know about it.

And I wouldn't worry about all those 'if you don't blah blah' types. They're just no class!

Copyright © 2009 Dare A Difference. All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Distributed by Blogspot Templates.